There are several advantages to using Facebook live and if you're unaware of them, then you're at the right place. Facebook live is a live video streaming service that allows you to showcase live footage to your followers. Since it's official debut, this service has grown in popularity, with 78% of online audiences now watching video on Facebook live.
Advantages of Facebook Live
You might be wondering, "How would this service benefit my business?." Well for starters, video content sees 3x the engagement than traditional forms of content marketing. For Facebook specifically, millions of users are currently using this platform. Not every business has the budget for professional videographers, and this option is the perfect way to still provide this type of content to your consumers.
What You Need to Know
It’s important that you learn the ins and outs of this service before you start incorporating it into your marketing efforts. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to use Facebook live:
1. Click on the camera icon on the top left of your screen
2. Once your options pop-up, select ‘Go Live’
3. Switch your camera to live, which is located on the bottom left of your screen
4. Add a description to let viewers know what your video is about
5. You'll then have the option to tag friends, choose a location, or add an activity
6. Add lenses, filters, writing, or graphics if needed
7. Click the blue ‘Start Live Video’ button
8. Interact with your viewers
9. When you’re finished, click ‘Finish’ to end your video
10. Lastly, post a reply and save the video
Now that you know how to use Facebook live and why it could help your marketing efforts, get started on your own video! Your consumers will love interacting with you; it's a much more personal form of content that people enjoy to see. Let us know in the comments about your first live video!